Monday, June 23, 2008

How many times can a man turn his head, pretending he just doesnt see?

"Sometimes I wonder if God will ever forgive us for what we've done to each other...Then I look around and I realize... God left this place a long time ago."

I was watching this short film on civil wars in Africa today and I felt so worthless and superficial.
All we ever do is , work selfishly to get a better life.
I have never had anything against those few people who actually go around working for world peace, poverty, illiteracy et al but I must confess i have never had any of those urges to go and do something likewise.
Today when I saw the entire gruesome situation with my own eyes, something inside began to hurt,
what are we here for?
Live out a rat race our entire life and then die knowing we've "accomplished" something? We study, grow up , get a good job, get an easy lifestyle, ah well. we are all too familiar about this.. I'm gonna leave it here.

I stopped writing this blog for readership a long time ago, today I just write this because I feel I have truly discovered my purpose here.
I can proudly say my mother is one of the most humane people on the planet. she's a doctor and I have seen her doing exactly what doctors are here for.. help those in need rather than being money minting machines.
I talked to her today and. Okay this is not one of those weepy introspection posts.
The point is, i know what i am born for now. I have purpose.and thats a damm fine feeling.

And well, we're all inherently good, please, lets just stay that way.

This excerpt says what I want to, in a much better way course.

And you, my father, there on the sad height,
Curse, bless, me now with your fierce tears, I pray.
Do not go gentle into that good night.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Dylan Thomas.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You must come back.

Renovatio said...

Wheee. I'm bored.

Ramit Singal said...

"Live out a rat race our entire life and then die knowing we've "accomplished" something? We study, grow up , get a good job, get an easy lifestyle, ah well."

Do you realise that it's not actually THAT easy? :)

Ashish Surana said...

Nicely written, but the problem is Doing is far more difficult then saying !!

Tell me if you have taken a step to implement what is being written !!!

Unknown said...

thanks for sharing information, best regards:sigit hermawan