Saturday, April 19, 2008

Papa :*

Have you ever really missed someone when they're right there with you?
Its a funny feeling, rather gripping actually.
Okay so the thing is , I share a very silent relationship with my dad, well I'm gonna say papa cz that's what I call him.
Anyway, so papa and I have always had a weird relationship. I am like the most affectionate person you can ever meet, I mean all day long, I keep hugging and pecking my grandfolks, mum and the rest of the clan.
But with dad, its sorta different, its the strange-nice-not bad-different.
I always think before I do something with him. Now that just sounds awfully weird, but well, you get the picture.
One thing about my papa is , he buys me loads and loads and loads of books, like I cant get him to buy me , say, a pair of stilettos that cost like 3 grand, but books, he'll buy me 10 grand worth of them damn right away.
I've kinder always respected him for that, the fact that he has always positively encouraged me and my sisters to be intellectuals and not just pretty faces. In fact I love him for that, honor him for that.
Its a saying, i believe, that theres nothing as sacred as honor, I couldn't have thought of anything more true.

Its 2 am here, and for some reason, me and papa cant sleeep. He's watching some shark program outside, shark files most prolly. He never gets tired of watching sharks, and that , I have inherited from him. Its like we both get glued to the television whenever one of them shark things are on air. This shark tribe one is on right now I guess. Shite,I digress.
So I cant sleep because , well, I'm an insomniac but papa's hell tired but still up.
I do not know why but I have this overwhelming feeling in me right now which is almost flooding me from inside, its overpowering. I feel this deep sense of attachment to him, this intense bond.
Like I can see him from here, he's right in front of my eyes, but I cant seem to get enough.
I feel like crying, even. God, this is crazy, really.
I guess this is what they call 'blood'.
i'm his blood, his flesh, his bones.
Today mom was telling me I have my papa's jawline. Isn't it weird, the way we look like our parents? I mean, like 50 years later I might look at myself in the mirror and stare at my jawline and think of my papa. Not that I would need a reason but still.
and at that moment, I'm sure I 'd be brimming with this same feeling, this feeling of immense love and endearment! I feel like hugging him so so much.
Damm these papas and mamas, they;re one helluva sweet people, they do anything for you, sell themselves for you, just to see you happy.
How could you ever ever repay something like that?

If mom was awake, this outpour would have happened there, but I guess it was destined for me to write my blog tonight.
I thought it had long died.
I'm listening to Blowin' in the wind, and its sorta comforting me, I need something to pacify me right now, this love is killing me.
Haha , what was that song, Love will tear us apart?? Ya?
Oh yea, Damm right!!

G'night people.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

You WROTE???
:O:O

Anu said...

Wow you're...well, fast!

Yea I've been meaning to write since some time but I never seem to get around to it.

Anonymous said...

Whats been killing you?

Anu said...

The Presidential elections.
PS. You are?

Anonymous said...

You don't know me.
Whose your favorite author?

Anu said...

Yes, thats why I asked.

I have lots, I really like Gabriel Garcia Marquez right now, well Dahl is my favorite one period, but Marquez blows my mind.

Anonymous said...

I like Chekov,you read russian stuff perhaps?
Give me some quote

Anu said...

You mean like a favorite quote?
Oh its from A tale of two cities,
goes liek:
"Sadly, sadly, the sun rose; it rose upon no sadder sight than the man of good abilities and good emotions, incapable of their directed exercise, incapable of his own help and his own happiness, sensible of the blight on him, and resigning himself to let it eat him away."

Anyway, this conversation has been weird enough already, and i am not up for such stuff at 3 am!
Its been a pleasure.
See yer!

Anu said...

And yes, Russian stuff I really like. :)'G'night!

Anonymous said...

I meant , a quote from marquez, but then i'm glad you misinterpreted, i really really liked that one.
And well, your post is splendid.
Sends a warm rush of feeling inside.
GoodNight my lady.

Anonymous said...

This is one of those posts , describing one of those feelings, that you only really understand when you get the hang of it inside.
Like very surreal and stuff I found it.

Anonymous said...

No blade sharper than wit I've found,
No fate greater than another,
I haven't found a man who loves
his life more than his mother.

While I have been where no one has,
and found few things worth mention,
one thing I know for sure is that
no hero pleads attention.

I have been through your holy book,
I've found places bathed in rapture;
your god is but a fool to think
these things mere words can capture.

But I have never found your god,
nor did he save those close to me,
and fathers who let children die
should really not exist, you see.

While I would ask you not to pray,
for it's a waste of precious time;
from your belief you do not stray,
regardless of my pleading rhyme.

Yet one thing that I can't deny,
is that I overheard your words;
and while I chose then not to cry,
I know your prayer's aren't for the birds.

Anu said...

@Anonymous: Rohit, you're good at this, still.

UDit said...

well well, the comments section has turned into sending each other im's... anyway, nice post, far too personal as usual, but still, had a lot i could relate to... keep writing babes, its like our regular food for thought too! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm in the Ivy now bitch ! :P
YEEhaWWW :D
Love this post, you still have it in you!

Anu said...

@ Udit: Thankee all.

@ Nick: a little less conversation, a little more action please!
hehe
Cmon baby , i'm tired of talking!lol

None said...

New blog:
http://www.deepsarchasm.com

Anonymous said...

the post was really touchy!!

something i guess all of us can relate to..
WE ALL love our parents so much..
don we!!??
but uve kind of poured out yourself so beautifully!!..
its like something that i've so often thought about..
but i am sure i can never put it in words as skillfully as you did!!
EVERY WORD seemed to have endless depth..
for a moment i was completely carried away!!..

GENUINELY,of all the posts till now..
i found this one the most beautifully expressed..
the most emotional..