Tuesday, January 1, 2008

This & That

I know you all missed me terribly, my apologies for not being there through Christmas and neighboring crap. ah well..new years' was good.
if i said, i had a blast, THAT would be an understatement!! but i managed to binge a lot which disrupted my otherwise organic diet schedule and of course which meant working extra hours at the gym today.

i am away from home and so am forced to work on the laptop which is utterly pissing off. I love my PC and i do not like this thing below my fingers right now,though i know i have to survive it for another i-dunno-how-many-days.

so dad got me a new phone for Christmas because my older phone had become a dead memory less , battery less piece of scum and it resembled an Iraqi bomb keeping in mind the sheer number of times the poor thing was dropped... i managed to look awesome on new years as usual but this time round i didn't dance as much as i do usually.
right now I'm pissed at my mom becz she refuses to listen to me when i ask her to switch off the tv . she watches all sorts of shitty news channels which show everything except meaningful current events. im seriously not interested in knowing why amitabh bachchan goes to temples a zillion times or why sanya mirza's skirts create a furor. but my parents don't listen to me, poor things need to learn so much in life.

meaningful reminds me, this years been eventful but not exactly meaningful. i've had so much of stuff happen to me but that feelin of contentment is lacking.
i'm 18 but i feel like i've seen plenty in life, i already seek stuff thats beyond me. i'm so done with frivolous stuff. shallow people, shady friendships, phoney relationships. bleh.
i also realised this year that i have the most rockin will power ever,and I'm so effin proud of myself. and i seriously love the person that i see in the mirror!

I'm listenin to dolly parton right now which is so not -me and I'm eatin papaya.
yesterday night at the new year's partey, i had champagne with my dad. i consider it quite a marked thing . it meant i have grown up and i can share a drink with my folks who're generally treating me like lil miss sunshine.

i have also sent in all my college applications , paper as well as online and i displayed positive signs of obsessive compulsive disorder during the whole process , i checked my stuff around seven times and i wasn't satisfied even then.
after i sent everything i went over to priya and lazed around at chokola having what i call some of the best hot chocolate in Delhi.

i have realised that this has shaped into my most random and badly arranged posts ever and hence the suitable title.
this is what happens to me when i blog after a long haul. I'm gonna try to be more regular from now on but I'm not promising anything since I'm an utterly whimsical person which most of you already know by now.
if you observe hints of cynicism and irritation in this post, don't blame yourself, i'm pretty annoyed at teh moment.

will take leave by posting a pic of mine which i took before i left for the new year party, my face has been edited out for obvious reasons. this is for my dear reader raghav who was dying to know what i wore for noo ear.



yanyway, happy new year to all you wunnerful readers.
see you around soon :]

PS The bear and pooh pillow are old possessions. do not form opinions.
PPS on second thoughts, you can actually form them, since they are, for that matter, possessions after all.

16 comments:

Renovatio said...

As long as the rest of the year lives up to the kick you started it off with. All for a brand new year, I say.

Anonymous said...

The lil things that you keep in mind that create all the difference, this is exactly why i adore you .
And you look stunningly gorgeous as usual. cant wait to come to india.
merry 2008.

Ramit Singal said...

2007 - The year in which you grew up and realized your potential. 2008 can only get better.

Amen. :)

PS. You look "wunnerful" in that picture.

Manas said...

How abot starting to use your real name, "anu"rupa? And I can't wait to puke. Have a cherry in 2008.

Anu said...

You're manas.That's your excuse.

Ramit Singal said...

Anurupa's lovely. I hope Manas dies.

Anu said...

thanks ramit but woah! this is where it stops. this aint no battlefield.

Manas said...

haha, fag. i can never die.

None said...

What is this new year I keep hearing about? I think it's another of those same old crappy years again. Oh well, at least they say it's happy.

Anonymous said...

cheery bunch you folks are..

Anu said...

@reno: yep :)

@raghav: cant wat for you to come either.

@ramit: 2008 shud turn out to be one ov the best yrs ov my life. it so shud.

@manas: you did hear what you just said , dint you?

@rohit: hehe, oh yeah..here's to a lousy christmas and a crappy new year :P
loyal friends' fan here.

@shruti: love, you'll soon have a life. i'll make sure you do :P

Ramit Singal said...

@Manas

Har! Har! So is this where you win and go back home with cyber points, you puny little mortal muppet??

Renovatio said...

There comes a point beyond which we expect an update. That point was about a week ago.

Anu said...

@reno: aye aye cap'n :P

UDit said...

u write wonderfully... it took a sabbatical of sorts for me to realize that...
p.s. the pic is nice, but the dress is something i would not have chosen for you....

Anu said...

@ udit: why ?