Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Through it, in it, over and above it.

I did not make any new year resolutions. Not even one.
Though i have been pretty religious and devoted with what I'm supposed to do. I do what i'm supposed to do.
Another thing, I'm one of those people who never listen to pods n shit when they're running( for work out purposes). but recently i initiated music into my jogs and its pretty useful. i don't realise when i finish an hour.

continuing with my tradition of digressing, I'd like to mention here that 50 minutes ago, i had one ov those adult talks with my mom. no, not the birds-bees.
but serious adult talk.
the kind which makes you realise that ,
Wake up! you're like grown up now! you gotta get hold of yourself!
i don't like realisations, because, you guessed it right, they make you realise things which is painful. I like living in denial.

And well, have you ever had someone you thought of as Lord Zeus or something bare their vulnerable side to you?
listen to this, i mean we all have some people who we sorta depend on, the kinder people we know will stick it out in the most horriblest of times. the kinder people who're like made of steel or something. we all have our rocks of Gibraltars.
But when these people show the darned fragile side to you, you see a part of you break up with them.
its like your whole belief system crumbling down. and that's when you realise, you gotta do something about it.
and you're like forced to accept the real world as it is. and DEAL with it.
At some point of time , we all leave the protective shields but innit hard to even think ov it?
Gotta survive it. Its like the natural theory of selection. you gotta get through it to make it.
But when it hits you, it does. and you cant breathe anymore.
Not pretty.

Read this:
"Life & Death
energy & Peace
if I stopped today
it was fun
The mistakes I've made and unmade if I could,
Even the terrible pains that have burnt me & scarred
my soul it was worth it for having been allowed to
walked where I've walked. Which was to hell on earth
Heaven on earth back again, into, under, far in between,
through it, in it, over and above it."

PS. Not another of my charmed world posts. I accept.

14 comments:

Renovatio said...

You wanna keep them strong, be their rock for a while. You'll barely notice their vulnerability.

Ramit Singal said...

You are growing up. And I guess you are realizing that sometimes, you need to support your pillars too :)

I am wondering. Does living in denial make reality seem more scary?

Anonymous said...

Read this by the lizard king:

People are afraid of themselves, of their own reality; their feelings most of all. People talk about how great love is, but that's bullshit. Love hurts. Feelings are disturbing. People are taught that pain is evil and dangerous. How can they deal with love if they're afraid to feel? Pain is meant to wake us up. People try to hide their pain. But they're wrong. Pain is something to carry, like a radio. You feel your strength in the experience of pain. It's all in how you carry it. That's what matters. Pain is a feeling. Your feelings are a part of you. Your own reality. If you feel ashamed of them, and hide them, you're letting society destroy your reality. You should stand up for your right to feel your pain.”

Anonymous said...

It might be slightly off track and unrelated, but i want you to read this and get it in your brain.
Stop-Running-Away-From-Things.

Manas said...

Yet another sob story. Keep it coming, man.

Manas said...

By it I'm referring to more sob-posts. I wanna be me waaah waah etc. You get my drift.

Anu said...

@Reno: Umm ok.nice thought out there haan.

@ramit: nope it doesnt. becz who cares abt reality.
Mcdreamy all ze way.
:D

@raghav:
Kay i stand up for my right not to feel pain. i mean, if someone wants to stay away from bullshit, all this godforsaken society ppl get him down.
i mean, its not all abt this love shit, is it? gross man, i couldn't care less.
i still respect Jim though.

@manas: Aw, ill keep that in mind, thanks bitch.

Renovatio said...

I suspect you don't often get what I'm getting at...

Anu said...

No, I get it all TOO well.
Infact, its pretty shady how well i get it :)

Anonymous said...

Yep, you cant have it all. life's a bitch but then so are you :P
I mean this in the most admiring way possible.
and whose written that thing you've posted in the end?

@Reno: "you wanna keep them strong, be their rock for a while"
I like this man. It's simply said but holds meaning. Brillo dude.:)

Anonymous said...

And wait, I have a question.
Did you kill this manas guy's sheep or something? No seriously :P

UDit said...

interesting stuff babes... after such a long time (15 days?), i just can't seem to be critical of what ur writing... i'm loving it! :)

UDit said...

Something i wanted to share with you and the guys here:
No man ever followed his genius till it misled him. Though the result was bodily weakness, yet perhaps no one can say that the consequences were to be regretted, for these were a life in conformity to higher principles. If the day and the night are such that you greet them with joy, and life emits a fragrance like flowers and sweet scented herbs, is more elastic, more starry, more immortal, - that is your success. All nature is your congratulation, and you have cause momentarily to bless yourself. The greatest gains and values are farthest from being appreciated. We easily come to doubt if they exist. We soon forget them. They are the highest reality ....The true harvest of my daily life is somewhat as intangible and indescribable as the tints of morning or evening. It is a little star dust caught, a segment of the rainbow which i have clutched.
- Henry david thoreau
amen.

Anu said...

@ udit: The pleasure is entirely mine :)