Thursday, February 28, 2008

About a Girl 1

Heyyo earthlings,
No I didnt just read hitchhikers, i'm using the word earthings for all of you becz I belong to a different planet nowadays. Planet anxiety. ah well. Lets not get into that, this blogpost is not about me, its about one of my bestest friends, Sodhi.
Sodhi is sodhi. you really cant define her actually , especially not now when I 'm pretty mind fucked with all the college stuff happening.
Actually I went through this poem written my by miss aqseer sodhi today morning and I fell in love with her all over again.
Wanted all you guys to read it too.
This is going to be a reminder post for me, I gotta write a full fledged thing on her, I just HAVE to.

I know she doesnt read all this so its kinder comforting in some weird sorta manner. I guess when I really love someone , I really DONT want them to know.
yea, I dont.
Anyway, read on :

COLORS

BLUE from fighting with herself-
She crashes into cabinets
And kicks cupboards with her shins

GREEN with envy as the boy she loves
Gazes adoringly (is the adoration for real?) at her best friend
She cuts and slashes
At her fragile, tortured skin

RED the drops of blood glisten
And a smile creeps across her face
As she lets herself well up
And tears-

Liquid SILVER they shine on her cheek
Before running into her

BLACK midnight hair
That falls to her waist
Before she rises in fury
To grab those SIVER scissors
And chop it all off

Her head falls back
And she bays like a hound

GRAY
SHe looks like a convict
No pain is good enough to relieve her's

Frantically she rummages in her neat room
Finds the sweater her grandmum made-
[The grandmum that died
Left her alone]
BLUE and PINK- The sweater she pulls over her head

YELLOW
The sun rising in the sky
As she clambers up the wall

WHITE
The feeling of calm that pervades her being
As she finds that the beauty of the
Crisp winter morning relieves her
More than the cursed fucking blade
Ever fucking did

She reads and and hums to herself
She clambers back down
To find her dog dead
And it starts all over again


This picture is US. Sodhi is the tree , I'm the bike. This is "our" best pic together. If you think we're a lil pscyhed in the head , then I wont blame you. And ofcourse, the exquisite photography is by our very own Nia.
Dont try to understand it, just absorb the awesomeness and love behind it.


So long.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

purty picture.
And yew have become VERY irregular.Not good!

Ramit Singal said...

Aww.

UDit said...

the bottom line being... sodhi is the best! :)

Renovatio said...

Silly girl.

unforgiven said...

Confusing.

Anonymous said...

anu i read ure blog u know...
:) ure so cute..
we need to talk female!

Anonymous said...

aaw! i miss you my yummy children! :(

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.