Tuesday, August 21, 2007

On a day like today

while searching for things to eat in the fridge a moment ago..i had this un relenting urge to write my blog. its very peculiar of me..but anyway.
I'm havin short butter bread with mayonnaise filling and coleslaw which is by the way my favorite type of sandwich filling.
i was forced to eat today by my friends who asked me to choose between 'double decker hot chocolate fudge with gelato base' and 'cheesecake'.
obviously i chose the former. no points for guessing why. my loyalty lies in ice cream and I'm not gonna betray it for some silly alluring cheesecake.

eventually i ended up eating none...cz makin me eat something is as hard a task as askin Severus snape to not have a cold face. [ may his soul rest in peace, god speed]
i prefer organic food which doesn't ruin my detox diet and doesn't play havoc with my system. though i lurve indulging in Indian "khana" once in a while.

er...I've drifted a lot from the topic. actually i wanted to write abt this ignominious dream i had last night.
here i must also point out that I'm not a very good sleeper. i hardly sleep. if on a blue moon night i sleep before 12, i end up getting up at 4 and then i watch re runs of Dexter's laboratory on cartoon network or occasionally try to watch Grey's anatomy [ putting up DVDs is a pain, i prefer television, its "no hard work". i like.]
my theory is that i run out of sleep, so in order to sleep everyday, i must keep the hours minimal."the brighter candle burns up faster", anyone?


so i did end up having a good sleep yesterday and for the 7th time in my life had a dream [ the figure is made up. point is i don dream a lot].
i dreamt that my gran ma died and we're all going for her funeral. i woke up sweaty and started crying. [ i know.]
i immediately phoned her at 6 am and was desperate to know her status. she was happily reading her Ramayana which she has been doin since the past 17 years or so each morning. she was chirpy and that brought me more relief than a Liverpool fan gets when Gerrard scores.
i told her abt my grotesque dream and she laughed abt it and told me that when u dream abt someone dying, actually its a sign of their long life.
:) :) :)
i hugged her on the phone, gave her a few kisses and peacefully went back to sleep.
phew! i prefer dark circles, anyday!

( i put up this pic cz it defines how i feel for my g'parents, i love em more than anything in the world, just love the pic)

it did not end here...i had the most terrible math class ever, my calculus teacher is a nutcase and there is nothing he can do abt it, cz its beyond his capability to first of all come to terms with the fact that he's a moron.i despise this man. utterly so.

the only saving grace for the day was the delightful news that i'm goin on a month long vacay to the big apple and oder places this december AND mom dad et al wont be accompanying me!
ah, i love my folks a lot but i don like travelling with so many ppl, particularly my younger sister who keeps talkin non stop all the time n all the places in her high shrill voice. i love her too. but watev.
so im gonna have a lot of fun . :P

i saw the Simpson's movie and its quite good, but i like the tv shows better.
update: I'm still in love with my cyber shot and cherishing every moment with it. it tags along with me everywhere i go and has become rather clingy. I'm fearing someone might grab me by the collar one of these days when I'm secretly clicking their picture for my photo blog!!
bah, ill just make my quintessential puppy face and get away with it.
like i always do.
i lurve being a girl.
=P

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey my Joan, good post,though i wonder why i haven't ever taken advantage of my girl-hood.
...my loyalty lies in ice cream and I'm not gonna betray it for some silly alluring cheesecake....
now thats some steadfast commitment.
liz.

UDit said...

hmmm.... much too personal in my opinion... but now i know that u'll never listen anyway, so....
it was a nice post...I'd have chosen the cheesecake...
U still don't sleep and say ur cured of ur insomnia...
maths is a subject where the teacher can only teach you so much... and after that, u just have to do it urself... its all about practice... so go study!

RG said...

I have nothing to say,
my words, they are empty.
Opinions to sway?
Of course, there are plenty.

Anu said...

@ liz: YOU"RE BACK!!
yaay...
yes! im totally committed!!

@ udit:hehe, yeah i guess.and some teachin is required. and u cant choose the cheesecake. i wont let you! :P

@ rohit: ah! u poet u!

Anonymous said...

Dun worry, no one's gonna grab ur collar, trust me, pretty girls get away with anything.
and girl, the simpsons movie was trash! utter inexorable trash!
but the post is sarcastic + humorous = great!