Sunday, July 15, 2007

words fail me!

alright folks....
I've been pestered a lot lately but i wont freak out here...parents have a weird way of making u feel important....strangely when i ask my mom to talk to me she has no time..and when i ask her to leave me alone..she starts off with "mommy praehin".
i am thoroughly confused!!

well..today has been quite an awesome day..cz i found out the exact Calvin strips that read my mind right now! shoo..don dare go see it..read the damn blog first !
ah i guess y' ppl don listen...and for those of u who still resisted..be proud of yourself cz ure gonna reach ur ultimate destiny in life! may the force be with you!
hehe...

well...as i said earlier...my mom has been pestering me..i am above 18 and I'm allowed to do whatever i want ..still bein the most extraordinarily amazing daughter as i am..i still tell my mom an account of all i do and obey her quite possibly..all the time...[I'm cool..y'all know]

so okay i had vodka at TGIF the other day..actually..i din have it myself...my friends pushed me...so i took a sip! that's it...and then i did the fatal most grotesque mistake..i came home and told my mom about it....
bang!! the rambling started...but then since she's a cool mom..she maintained her ever calm demeanour and explained stuff to me ..as a result of it..i have promised her that I'm not consuming alcohol for the rest of my life which is an honest promise.[cz i hated it anyway]
but u know one thing leads to another and then the unfortunate moment came..the one which all of us dread!! y' know what i mean!
what started out as supposedly an "easy" conversation drained the hell outta me and i was choking!
an excerpt:

mom: when u go to college...u'll have ppl pushing u for stuff..its on u how u handle it..we 're not gonna be thr to guide u forever!
[ right! i know what i have to do! im a nice kid u know that..now stop it ...pls don't go THERE]
mom: so u see beta...us is very distracting ..ppl do anything and everything there..what u have to keep in mind is that u re from a good family and ure a good person..and that ure thr to study...life is a box of chocolates....u pick the one u want!
[okay mom...now u're gonna read out quotes from Forrest gump..nice...HEAVEN]
mom: y'know they have open sex!
[tada!!! i knew it!]
mom: but u have to know ur roots and always be the sweetheart u are....and y' know what...if u keep telling me everything like this..I'm gonna be able to guide u well..so always seek advice from me..moms are ur best friends!
[ ya mom! but then best friends are supp to be 17 yrs old! ]

dad arrives;
LONG PAUSE
he entered conversation
i ran for the door.

phew!

[ try savin the strip and enlarge it on fax viewer for understanding text]
......


and well.. i saw hp5! and all i wanted to do was puke!
point to be taken: never watch a movie based on a book at least not after reading the book!
it was apparently the most disappointing of all of themm..alright listen to this..
when i read the book..i cried and cried and cried when sirius died! and in the movie..i was so taken aback by the hurried death ..i had no time to react!
poor soul just dies and harry is sullen for a zillionth fraction of a second!
right! he's supposed to be his godfather! i mean he showed more expression when Cedric died!'
and the kiss??? i mean thr is more chemistry when emraan hashmi [the most unattractive person on the planet..potential biggest loser] kisses the new chick on the block! and they took 31 takes???? was it that difficult for cryin out loud??
all i wanted to say was..get a grip !
guess I'm gonna leave it at this...cz I'm more interested in other things than writing reviews on worthless movies.

cheers!

PS while browsing Calvin n Hobbes ...i also found this extremely thought provoking[i found it that way] and a very philosophical strip which i'd liek all of u to see and think over.
PPS maybe u're right udit!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

haha- oh man,i have a bottle of vodka apple in my bag i want you to take.
(to nitya- m not an alcoholic, just like recruiting ppl)

Unknown said...

oh and im going to see hp tomoro= but i like watching crappy movies sometimes.

UDit said...

well, mommy preaching i'm quite well aware of...;)
an entertaining post, but i think u made it a little too personal...which u said u had stopped doing...think abt it, or restrict access to ur blog...
nice strips of calvin, they always manage to crack me up! :)
regarding the last strip, i agree wid it! sab moh maya hai!

Ramit Singal said...

I love Calvin and Hobbes. Regarding the last strip, that is all one should want. Happiness. Does one really need anything else? Like they say, the best things in life are free :)

Anu said...

@udit
i guess i am gonna keep it personal
guess thats just my style
and its all abt style u see..
:D

@ramit
whoever said the best things in life are free..
are choclates for free??
hehe..
ya ..ure right..we are all basically in the pursuit of happyness...

Anonymous said...

yea..parents have a way of addressing issues which leave the normal teenager at wit's end, by the way.. their lack of awareness about our awareness has got to be done something about.
order of the phoenix did pest everyone a lot. blame it on whatever.

nice work anu..keep writin..though u must be regular...
your earleir posts like 'deal with it' and 'happy ending' were heart feeling.
hopin to see more from ya...
adios.

Anonymous said...

tsk tsk: that attitude of being happy in whatever is not so great..u have got to have driving force..ambition is the basic fuel of life and all thats in it.

RG said...

My mom also going on about the same thing :sigh:

All that is junk does not clutter,
Not all that's squandered does cost,
Everything new does not cause a dither,
Our culture's deep in us embossed

Sorry J.R.R.T., I just had to mess that up.

Too bad I'm leaving for the U.S. so soon, I was hoping to learn a bit more from India.

All in due time, I guess.