Monday, May 7, 2007

us Five!

what happens when too many head strong people have to live together???
we ...are a family of 5 ppl...dad mom n 3 sisters...
my elder sis is married..but i still lik callin us 5!

this cousin sister of mine...has her husband in the army..these people got transferred to mathura..so my great parents decided we must all pay them a visit since holidays are on!
and here is the worst part...it is supposed to be a ROAD TRIP!!!

okay..so i love road trips...but being in the same car with my sisters for a number of hours is what i call- AGONISING and TORTURESOME!!!

let me explain..
this is us five :

dad: someone who speaks really seldom and almost in whispers. i feel people listen harder when someone is whispering..
dad is the sort of person whose always into his books,medical journals and stuff like that. all he wants from his three daughters is intellectual thinking and a brilliant Gk! he's obsessed with it! every mornin ..our breakfast time is more lik a quiz hour!

mom: easily the most caring ,controlled ,hard working,workaholic and soft spoken person i have ever come across. mom is the stereotypical gynaecologist who has absolutely no time and sleeps 3 hrs a night..but breakfast time is crucial to her...all she wants from us is..to eat peacefully ...a lot of food(a lot)and not bring our newspapers,novels and harry potters to the table. she hates all three of us ..u'll find out why.

my Di: she is what i call a perfect blend of beauty brains and wit. anu Di is genuinely a very gifted person and knows how to make most of her talents. she's a voracious reader and always comes to the table with her copy of toi in hand and her glasses on her nose. mom hates her because she never puts the paper down and hardly eats.

me: i am the middle one and the most complicated. i am the apple of my mom's eye :D. easily the most loved and the most loathed. loved by mom n dad. thoroughly detested by my two sisters,we have a cold war on almost all days of the year except my bday when its a prerequisite for them to be nice if they want some cake.
i always have a book in my hand but i put it down when my mom wants me to since i am willingly complaint at my mom's orders.
[ this is my blog so its evidently partial towards me :P]

louie: my younger sis aka the trouble maker..she is the quintessential pain in the ass....always getting on my last nerve which also makes her my elder sis' favorite pesron in the world since she is spontaneously following in her footsteps in the task of making my life hell.

so every mornin at our table is like a typical parliament session..where dad is throwin gk questions in the air and all of us competing to get the most number of answers correct in turn becoming dad's favorite...mom is yellin at us somewhere in the background asking us to finish the bowl of sprouts [yuck!!]
me n my sister have our newspapers laid out in front of us so that the moment mom looks away..we can catch a glimpse of some good write ups...and my lil sis is as usual reading her stupid tin- tins which she has borrowed from my old collection. none of us want each others company and just want to do our own thing...he he. but since mom gets all sentimental and starts with her usual ...

"when u girls will get married..as it is papa n i have to live alone..at least let us cherish the moments we have together"
amen.

but now they are asking us to stuff ourselves in one car so that we have to compulsively tolerate eath other's heinous acts of self obsession and we wont be able to escape.
we cant help it ..but we wil have to do it since this is something close to my parents' heart...and its not everyday that we can be together with all of us living in different parts of the world.

i believe my next post will be from mathura after i have successfully managed to save myself from my brain dead sisters.

heaven bless me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"that we have to compulsively tolerate eath other's heinous acts of self obsession and we wont be able to escape."

HAR har har